Workers Compensation Protects Texas Employers and Employees
As an employer, you need to shelter your business from potentially financially ruinous injury or illness claims. The best way to do this is through a workers compensation policy.
At VGW Insurance, we have nearly 20 years of experience handling the various insurance needs of Texas employers. We understand what goes into workers comp policies and can help you sift through your options so you get the coverage you need at a price you can afford. Call our Dallas-Fort Worth area agency at 972-668-1000 to learn more.
The Basics of Workers Compensation Insurance
By carrying a workers compensation policy, you insulate yourself from legal claims arising out of your employee’s occupational illnesses or on-the-job injuries. In return for this liability protection, your employees receive coverage for:
- Lost wages: If the employee’s illness or injury lasts longer than 7 days, he or she will receive partial lost wages for missed work.
- Medical bills: Your policy will pay for all medical coverage that meets Texas workers compensation guidelines.
- Disability benefits: If your employee suffers a disabling injury or illness, he or she will receive additional financial support.
- Survivor benefits: In the event your employee passes away after suffering a work-related injury or illness, his or her beneficiaries will receive death benefits.
Factors That Affect Workers Comp Rates
Workers compensation policies vary in price and coverage depending on the insurance company you choose to buy from, as well as factors that are unique to you, including:
- The type of business you own
- Your experience as an employer
- General risks your employees face on a daily basis
- The number of claims you already have on file
- The deductible you choose
No business insurance policy stands alone; it is important to understand that your workers comp rates can be affected by the other insurance policies you carry.
Learn More About Workers Compensation Insurance by Contacting Us
To gain a better understanding of what workers compensation covers and what it costs, contact our Texas agency online or call us at 972-668-1000. We will answer your questions and request numerous free quotes from several companies. Our goal is always to ensure you always have the information you need to make the right coverage choice for your business.