Auto & Car Insurance for Texas Drivers
It is true that you can buy discount auto and car insurance policies from many insurance companies. However, this does not mean that you get the coverage you need.
At VGW Insurance, our Texas independent insurance agents are only focused on finding the right auto insurance policy to meet your needs and your budget. We have spent nearly 20 years honing our services and our insurance company network to bring you quality coverage and affordable rates. Call our Dallas-Fort Worth area agency at 972-668-1000 (toll free 877-668-1000) to learn more about how we can help you.
Auto Insurance, Explained
Before you buy, be sure that you understand all of your coverage options. Listed below are a few things to consider when looking for car insurance.
- Property damage and liability: This is the base policy that Texas laws require all drivers to carry. This policy covers costs related to property damage and bodily injury stemming from an accident you caused.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage: This policy protects you in the event of an accident that someone else caused, when that other person did not carry insurance or did not carry enough insurance to pay for all damages.
- Personal injury protection (PIP): This policy pays your medical bills related injuries that you sustain in an accident, regardless of fault. It also helps cover related costs such as lost wages
- Collision insurance: This optional policy provides financial reimbursement after an auto accident that did not include another driver, such as hitting a light pole.
- Comprehensive insurance: This additional policy provides protection in the event your vehicle sustains damages from an event other than an auto accident, such as vandalism.
We can help you sift through the options and determine what you need for your vehicle. We can do this for all types of automobiles, including classic cars. We also offer consultations and full coverage for a variety of recreational vehicles, including ATVs, RVs, boats and motorcycles.
Car Insurance Discounts
Auto insurance discounts provide you with the opportunity to lower your premiums. The following is a list of many discounts available through our various insurance partners:
- Multi-car discount: If you insure more than one vehicle through the same insurance company, you will often get access to the multi-car discount.
- Multi-policy discount: Like the multi-car discount, you must insure your auto and your home together with the same company to take advantage of this discount.
- Good driver discount:Your driving record is important here. The longer you go without an accident, or moving violations or other traffic tickets, the more likely you will find insurance companies ready to offer you a good driver discount.
- Safety features discount: If you own or lease a car with safety features such as an active alarm system and passenger airbags, you will automatically qualify for this discount.
- Safety course discount: You can take safety courses such as a defensive driver course to gain access to this discount. You will need to show proof of attendance.
- Good student discount: If you or your student driver achieves the required grade point average (GPA), your auto insurance company will provide you with this discount. You will need to show every report card to your insurer to keep this discount in place.
- Low mileage discount: Many insurance companies offer a good discount for drivers who do not travel far for work or do not exceed 12,000 miles in any given year.
This list is not exhaustive, so be sure to ask us which discounts may be available to you during your quote comparison consultation.
Contact Our Team for a Free Auto Insurance Quote
Whether you’re just starting to search for the right coverage or you would like help making sense of the information you have gathered, contact an independent agent at VGW Insurance today. We offer free insurance quotes from multiple highly rated insurance companies. We encourage phone calls to our Plano office, so pick up the phone and call us at 972-668-1000 (toll free 877-688-1000). We look forward to speaking with you.